Bon Appétit at Vanguard is pleased to offer the following meal plans:
For Resident students:
10 Meals per week + $200 Flex
12 Meals per week + $175 Flex (NEW!)
15 Meals per week + $150 Flex
19 Meals per week + $100 Flex
Residents should direct all Meal Plan inquires to Nicole Givenrod in the Housing Office at 714-662-5275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Commuter students:
25 Meal Block Plan
50 Meal Block Plan
Commuter students should direct all Meal Plan inquires to the Cashier in the Office of Accounting Operations at 714-966-5489 or email@example.com.
Bon Appétit also offers discounted meal plans to faculty, staff and city employees, please contact the Office of Accounting Operations for additional information. 714-966-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the meal plans available for students on campus?
• Any 19 meals per week + $100 Flex-dollars per semester
• Any 15 meals per week + $150 Flex-dollars per semester
• Any 12 meals per week + $175 Flex (NEW!)
• Any 10 meals per week + $200 Flex-dollars per semester
What if I commute to campus?
The following commuter meal plans are available:
Any 25 meals
Any 50 meals
* Commuter meal plans do roll over from Fall to Spring semester but zero out at the end of Spring semester.
What are The Café hours?
• Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:00 am – 9:00 am
Lunch 11:00 am – 1:30 pm
Dinner 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
• Saturday, Sunday and school holidays
Brunch 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
Dinner 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
What are Outtakes hours?
Monday – Thursday 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday – 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
When do the meal plans reset?
Every Sunday night, after dinner, the meal plans reset for the next week.
What if there are left over meals
Unused meals will expire at the end of the week. Refunds will not be given at the end of the year for any unused meals.
What are the Café etiquette guidelines?
• Our program is all-you-care-to-eat meals while in the Café. Students are welcome to leave with one (1) dessert or one (1) piece of fresh fruit; anything more than that, and students will be asked to eat it in the Café.
• In the interest of keeping a clean Café, guests are responsible for bussing their own tables and taking them to the dish return.
• Service ware (glasses, mugs, flatware, plates, trays, etc.) may not be removed from the Café.
• Dining courtesy is expected at all times.
What are the general meal plan guidelines?
• The person whose name and photo appear on the Vanguard University ID must be present in order for the card to be used to obtain meal(s).
• Meal plans are used to serve as a community dining experience. Meal plan participants are allowed only one (1) meal per meal period.
• Meal plans are not for the purpose of stocking groceries in the dorm room. Dining dollars may be used in Outtakes to purchase groceries, snack items or a hot entrée, when available.
• Dining dollars do not carry over from semester to semester.
What if I want to take my meal to-go?
• Meals to go can be requested Monday – Friday (lunch and dinner only) and Eco-Friendly containers are available. Food will not be available for to-go at breakfast or on weekends.
Guidelines for To-Go Meals:
• Take out containers are available at the cashier.
• The containers are for times the students are not eating in the Café, not “doggie boxes” to take out extra food.
• Students may not fill their own containers with juice or soda, only water can be filled into personal drinking containers.
• Only plastic utensils and to-go containers are to be taken from the Café.
• If a student is unable to make any of the meal periods due to a work schedule conflict, they should contact the Café manager to obtain a “to go” sack meal. Advance notice must be given.
How do meal replacements work?
• If you are unable to make it to a meal service in the Café, you are able to get a meal replacement in Outtakes, for the service you have missed.
• Replacements only work for the service time period you missed.
– Breakfast 7:00 am – 10:59 am
– Lunch 11:00 am – 4:29 pm
– Dinner 4:30 pm – close
What if I have food allergies?
• If there is a specific allergy or intolerance, please contact a Café manager, so that accommodations can be made.
• Everyday, made without gluten, dairy-free, low-fat, non-fat, low fiber and high fiber options are available.
What if I have any other questions or comments?
• The Bon Appétit managers and supervisors are available at all times in the Café and Outtakes. Feel free to ask for one if you have a question.